Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Hearty Pumpkin Salsa Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin, in ½" cubes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock, divided
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 15.5 oz. great northern beans, drained
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, onion and pumpkin.
- Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Remove veggies and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and ground turkey to pot, cook thoroughly draining any excess water.
- Add veggies back to pot and 1 cup chicken stock to deglaze.
- Add salsa, beans, spices and remaining stock to mixture.
- Bring to boil and then turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Options for heartier soup, add 2 cups chopped kale or spinach, cook until wilted.