Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Mrs. Renfro's Cornbread Casserole
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 4.5 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Medium Salsa
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 avocados, sliced
- Heat olive oil on medium.
- Cook onion for 7 minutes, covered, stirring halfway through. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine bell pepper, corn, rice chilies, tomatoes, beans Medium Salsa and garlic.
- Spread mixture evenly in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In medium bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in soy milk and canola oil to create a moist cornbread batter.
- Stir in ¼ cup cilantro.
- Spread cornbread batter evenly over bean mixture, top with onions.
- Bake at 450° for 25 minutes, until cornbread is cooked through.
- Let sit for five minutes before slicing. Garnish with cilantro and avocado.