Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Salsa-Glazed Baked Apples with Peach Salsa Sauce
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 4 apples (Granny Smith or similar)
- 1/3 cup Mrs. Renfro’s Peach Salsa
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4T butter
- Whipped cream and strawberries (or other fruit) for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Core apples, slice a little off the bottom so they sit flat
- Score around the apple about 1/3 down from the stem (to keep the skin from exploding during cooking)
- Mix the salsa and maple syrup together in a small saucepan, heat to a simmer stirring frequently
- Place apples in an ovenproof dish; put 1T butter in center of each apple
- Pour salsa syrup over apples
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until soft and the skin is turning brown
- Serve warm topped with syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit.