Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups red beans (well soaked, or canned and drained)
- 2 cups black beans (well soaked, or canned and drained)
- 1 cup Mrs. Renfro’s Red Salsa (mild, medium, hot)
- 3/4 cup water, more or less may be needed
- 1 tsp. brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Sour cream, optional
- In large skillet, sauté onion, garlic, zucchini, and peppers until onions are soft.
- Add corn, beans, salsa, water, mustard, pepper, cumin, and salt.
- While stirring, bring to soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle gumbo over rice.
- Top with sour cream and more salsa, if desired.
Recipe by N. Schauer, WI