Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Drunken Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 1/2 lbs. large, de-shelled uncooked shrimp
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro's Tequila Salsa
- 2 bell peppers, cored and deseeded
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 medium onions
- 1 16 oz. can pineapple rings, drained
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Sour cream for side dish
- Place shrimp in medium bowl and cover with 1/2 jar of Tequila Salsa.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Chop bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple rings into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat grill to 300° F.
- Thread ingredients onto skewers, alternating vegetables and putting one shrimp every third ingredient.
- Place kabobs on grill, cover with lid, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn to other side and baste shrimp with remaining salsa.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve kabobs with a dollop of salsa on the side and sour cream.
Recipe by Carolina Safar, Rocky Hill, NJ