- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C frozen peas
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/4 C Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper BBQ Sauce (mix with Mrs. Renfro's Classic BBQ to temper the heat)
- 1 T vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk together the flour and salt
- Place the butter in the container of a food processor
- Sprinkle flour mixture on top of butter
- Pulse until the butter is reduced to the size of peas, about 10 seconds
- Add egg, pulse for about 15 seconds
- Add milk. Pulse about another 15 seconds or until a nice, smooth dough forms
- Divide the ball into three pieces. Roll out one ball so that it's about 1/8 of an inch thick
- Using a 4.5" biscuit cutter, stamp out discs of dough. Repeat with the other three balls of dough
- Mix the scraps and roll them out to stamp more discs
- Makes about two dozen discs of dough.
- In a large skillet, brown meat over medium heat, carefully breaking up big pieces. Drain, place in bowl and set aside
- In the same skillet, add oil and sauté onion until it's soft and translucent, about five minutes
- Add potato and sauté until fully cooked, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn't stick to the pan
- Combine meat, potato mixture and peas.
- Add Mrs. Renfro's BBQ Sauce and stir.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 T of the meat mixture onto the center of a pastry disc. Brush edge of pastry disc with water. Fold over and press the edges with the tines of a fork. Repeat for remaining pastry discs.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or the pastry is golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Roszmann