Serve with Cheesy Naan Dippers
- 2 C chicken broth or stock
- 1 1/2 T Mexican seasoning blend or to taste
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 3 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16-oz.) jars Mrs. Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (7-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Optional toppers: Shredded Jack, Pepper-Jack or Mexican blend cheese; sour cream; sliced green onion tops; snipped fresh cilantro.
- Bring all ingredient except optional toppers to a boil in a large saucepan
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until chicken is very tender
- Serve with any optional toppers, with Cheesy Naan Dippers on the side.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
This recipe may be prepared up to 2 days in advance and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Cheesy Naan Dippers:
- Place 1 package Stonefire Mini Naan Bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle lightly with a Mexican seasoning blend then top with shredded Jack, Pepper-Jack or Mexican blend cheese and chopped walnuts
- Bake at 400°F or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp
- Cut each into 4 strips.
Recipe courtesy of Patty Mastracco, http://idofood.com/