Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Serve with Cheesy Naan Dippers
- 2 C chicken broth or stock
- 1 1/2 T Mexican seasoning blend or to taste
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 3 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16-oz.) jars Mrs. Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (7-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Optional toppers: Shredded Jack, Pepper-Jack or Mexican blend cheese; sour cream; sliced green onion tops; snipped fresh cilantro.
- Bring all ingredient except optional toppers to a boil in a large saucepan
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until chicken is very tender
- Serve with any optional toppers, with Cheesy Naan Dippers on the side.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
This recipe may be prepared up to 2 days in advance and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Cheesy Naan Dippers:
- Place 1 package Stonefire Mini Naan Bread on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle lightly with a Mexican seasoning blend then top with shredded Jack, Pepper-Jack or Mexican blend cheese and chopped walnuts
- Bake at 400°F or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp
- Cut each into 4 strips.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Recipe courtesy of Patty Mastracco, http://idofood.com/