Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Spicy Gorgonzola Black Bean Sausage over Seared Skillet Polenta
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 1 lb. mild ground sausage
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Black Bean Salsa
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 16 oz. tube polenta, cut into 8 (1/2 inch) slices
- 4 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In medium skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Place browned sausage and Black Bean Salsa in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat until heated through.
- Cover and keep warm.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half of polenta slices and cook about 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Remove polenta from skillet and repeat with remaining oil and polenta slices.
- Arrange polenta slices on serving platter.
- Spoon salsa mixture over polenta slices.
- Top evenly with crumbled gorgonzola.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Candy McMenamin, SC