Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 1 lb. mild ground sausage
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Black Bean Salsa
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 16 oz. tube polenta, cut into 8 (1/2 inch) slices
- 4 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In medium skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Place browned sausage and Black Bean Salsa in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat until heated through.
- Cover and keep warm.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half of polenta slices and cook about 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Remove polenta from skillet and repeat with remaining oil and polenta slices.
- Arrange polenta slices on serving platter.
- Spoon salsa mixture over polenta slices.
- Top evenly with crumbled gorgonzola.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Candy McMenamin, SC