Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Pumpkin Salsa Queso and Pulled Pork Taquitos
Pulled Pork Taquitos
- 1/2 lb pulled smoked pork
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C grated taco cheese blend
- 1/3 C Mrs. Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- 1 package 15-20 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 1 C shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Renfro's Pumpkin Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the pulled pork, cheddar cheese, softened cream cheese, and salsa in a bowl.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the pork mixture onto half a tortilla, then roll it up tightly. Repeat filling tortillas until you have the desired amount of taquitos.
- Place the taquitos on a cookie sheet, brush the tops with vegetable oil, and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- During the last five minutes of cooking the taquitos, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the cornstarch thoroughly, then stir in the sour cream.
- When the mixture becomes hot and bubbly, mix in the cheese and salsa.
- Continue stirring until the cheese has melted and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Mark Masker