Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Salsa Chicken Mini Pizzas
- 3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks, pat completely dry OR 2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 24 English muffins, halved
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning (homemade is great, too!)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (19 fl oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 jar of Mrs. Renfro's Salsa (Tequila Salsa or Chipotle Corn Salsa are good)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place wire rack on top of foil. Layer chicken on top: season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160F. Broil chicken for a crispier skin! Allow to cook and then remove chicken meat from bones.
- Add oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and cook for a few minute, or until translucent. Add shredded chicken. Pour in 2/3 cup water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line English muffins on two baking sheets. Add 1-2 tbsp. of salsa per pizza. Follow with chicken, beans, and cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh spinach if desired.
Follow the directions on your taco seasoning accordingly (brands can vary.) For a crunchier pizza, toast the English muffins prior to baking.
Recipe credit: Kacey "The Cookie Writer"