Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Texas Two-Step Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin cutlets
- ½ jar Mrs. Renfro's Pineapple Salsa
- Salt & pepper
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 heaping tablespoon Mrs. Renfro's Pineapple Salsa
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and coat thoroughly with Mrs. Renfro's Pineapple Salsa.
- Place chicken in shallow glass dish, marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add chicken direct from marinade.
- Sauté over high heat until almost done, then remove to broiling pan.
- Add sliced jack cheese to top of chicken and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to same skillet and sauté well until all juices are extracted, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add wine and deglaze pan as mushrooms finish.
- Meanwhile slide chicken under broiler until chicken is completely cooked and cheese is melted and turning brown.
- When pan has deglazed add final measure of salsa to mushrooms and remove pan from heat; mix together well.
- Plate chicken.
- As the very last thing, add the cold diced cucumber to the mushrooms, stir well and top chicken with mushroom mixture.