Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Chef Manny's Cheesy Grits
- 1 1/2 cups quick grits
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. minced jalapenos
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Mrs. Renfro's Black Bean Salsa
- Soak grits in milk for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- While grits soak, bring 2 ½ C chicken stock to rolling boil.
- Carefully add grits/milk mixture to boiling stock. Stir constantly until mixture returns to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, continue stirring constantly until all liquid is incorporated.
- Once bubbles "pop," reduce heat to low, add jalapenos, salt, cumin, cheese & salsa.
- Mix well & remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into well greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for approx. 15 min. or until golden brown.
- If desired, garnish with additional cheese & salsa before serving
- Serve with your favorite spicy shrimp, chicken or fish.