Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Fiesta Chicken and Black Bean Chowder
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 3 oz. Cajun style Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Black Bean Salsa
- 1 14.75 oz. can creamed corn
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 jalapenos, coarse chopped (seeded if desired)
- Tortilla chips
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Place sausage, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Add sausage mixture to butter in saucepan and sauté until cooked.
- Add chicken to sausage mixture, stir and continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add Black Bean salsa, creamed corn and chicken stock.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt, pepper and jalapenos to taste.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
Serve in bowls, garnish with cilantro and crumbled tortilla chips, or use tortilla chips for dunking.
Recipe by Donna Ryan, MA