Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
- 1 T grape seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Pineapple Salsa
- 1/3 C water
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed, cored & quartered
- 1 C shelled, toasted sunflower seeds
- 12 oz. Bow Tie pasta, cooked according to package & drained
- 6 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/3 C fresh basil, chopped.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat
- Sauté chickpeas with pepper for 5 min.
- Lower heat to medium, add salsa & thyme
- Add water to salsa jar, shake & add to sauce
- Heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally
- Add strawberries, stir gently & cook 5 min.
- Remove from heat, gently stir in sunflower seeds & prepared pasta
- Top with feta crumbles & basil
Recipe by R. Deike, WI