Get the scoop on what's hot.
Want to know what's new with Mrs. Renfro's, or what's news with us? You've come to the right place. Check out the latest press releases, newspaper and magazine articles.
Divine Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into 1/3” slices
- 2/3 cup Mrs. Renfro’s Habanero Salsa, plus extra for serving
- 1 ½ cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar and jack cheese
- Cilantro, chopped (as desired)
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream and avocado
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté until almost translucent.
- Add cumin, salt & pepper.
- Add bell pepper and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, scramble with vegetables until cooked.
- Remove mixture from pan, place and cover on separate dish.
- Melt remaining butter in pan and add potatoes.
- Fry potatoes until golden brown on all sides.
- Add eggs back to the pan with potatoes.
- Add Mrs. Renfro’s Habanero Salsa and black beans, stir and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and cilantro and cover pan for 1 minute.
- Spoon into warm tortillas.
- Serve with sour cream, diced avocado and extra salsa on the side.
Recipe by Lindsy Gollihar, San Francisco, CA